Living in Greenville, SC, you’re no stranger to heavy rains and flooding. The home and property damage from even a small amount of water in your basement can be devastating. Installing a sump pump is one way to protect your basement and belongings from flooding.
How Does a Sump Pump Work?
A sump pump collects and removes water from the lowest point of your basement. It has a sump pit, pump, and discharge line. The sump pit is installed in the lowest point of the basement and collects water from the surrounding area.
Then, when the water reaches a certain level, the sump pump turns on and pumps the water out of the basement and away from the house. Together, they work to keep your basement or crawl space dry.
Benefits of Having a Sump Pump in Your Basement
Avoiding a flood in your basement or crawl space is a massive benefit of having a sump pump in your Greenville home. Other benefits help make it a good investment for homeowners, including the following:
- Protecting your home and belongings from water damage.
- Reducing the risk of mold and mildew growth
- Keeping your belongings safe from water damage
- Lowering the risk of foundation damage
- Keeping your home’s structure safe
- Increasing your home’s value
While installing a sump pump is an investment, the benefits of keeping your home and property safe can outweigh the initial cost.
How To Maintain Your Sump Pump
Because your sump pump is an investment, it makes sense that you want it to last as long as possible. Regular maintenance helps protect your sump pump and keep it in good working condition. Here are some ways to tune up your sump pump:
- Check the sump pump periodically to make sure it is working properly
- Clean the sump pit of any debris that could clog the pump
- Check the discharge pipe for any clogs or blockages
- Check the float switch to make sure it is functioning properly
- Rely on regular professional maintenance to check components, parts, and connections
A professional technician will be able to notice and repair any problems with your sump pump before they turn into major headaches. That means the cost of repairs will be lower, it will run more efficiently, and you’ll have peace of mind knowing your sump pump will be ready when you need it.
Sump Pump Help From Preferred Home Services
For expert sump pump services in Greenville, turn to Preferred Home Services. We offer a complete range of sump pump services, including installation, maintenance, and repairs, to keep your home running smoothly.
We’ve helped over 60,000 customers care for their homes at Preferred Home Services. We offer free estimates on replacement quotes and deliver a high level of care for you and your home. We also offer same-day services because we’re committed to your convenience.