South Carolina’s humid, subtropical climate brings sweltering summers and the occasional cold snap in the winter. Ducted HVAC systems might offer house-wide climate management, but not all homes can support them.
Fortunately, you don’t invest in separate systems for each season. Ductless mini-splits are the perfect HVAC system solution for your South Carolina home.
These systems offer heating and cooling, and because they are ductless, they will enhance air circulation and decrease allergens in your home. Their reduced upfront costs are their most attractive benefit, but Preferred Home Services has a highly trained team that can help you decide if a ductless HVAC system is right for you.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split & How Does It Work?
Ductless mini-splits handle cooling on a room-by-room basis. Like most HVAC systems, ductless mini-split air conditioners rely on evaporators, refrigerants, and compressors.
Their coils absorb cool air before transferring it indoors via refrigerant. For example, in winter, your mini-split will absorb heat outdoors before allowing it to flow into your household.
The system consists of an outdoor and indoor unit. Each indoor unit has its fan and evaporator; however, you will get different results based on if the ductless HVAC system is a single- or multi-zone product.
A single-zone product has only one indoor unit specifically designed to provide heating and cooling in one area, while multi-zone products have up to five indoor units that can heat and cool your whole home.
Uses for Ductless Mini-Splits
Ductless mini-splits are the great multitaskers of the HVAC industry. You should consider a ductless HVAC system for the following features:
- Home additions
- Bonus rooms
- Three-season rooms
- Detached garages
- Primary bedrooms
- Homes that use non-ducted heating, for example, radiant floor heating
The Benefits of Installing a Ductless Mini-Split
Ductless mini-splits air conditioners are one of the most flexible systems on the market today. Their benefits include:
- Precise temperature control: A ductless mini-split system will heat and cool each room independently without compromising the comfort of the other rooms.
- Improved energy efficiency: You can expect to save up to 30% of your energy costs. Mini-splits don’t lose thermal energy through their ducts, so their energy efficiency is hard to beat. They can also be turned off one room at a time.
- Year-round comfort: You only need to invest in one appliance for year-round climate control.
- No ductwork installation or maintenance: You spend less on care while enjoying a higher quality of air that is uncontaminated by ductwork dust or dander.
Why Choose Preferred Home Services?
Preferred Home Services is South Carolina’s top trusted HVAC provider. We earned our reputation by bringing skill, care, and transparent pricing to every client we’ve served.
We’re committed to your comfort, but we also recognize that happy HVAC technicians are effective HVAC technicians. That’s why we treat our team as well as we treat you. We arrive on time, every time, and treat you with the utmost respect.