When the heat hits Charleston, SC, you want an air conditioner that’s working properly, especially if summer comes early. That’s why scheduling an AC tune-up for your air conditioner before summer each year is important.
Not only does this preventative maintenance keep your AC running efficiently, but it also maximizes the life span of your unit.
Why Are Spring and Early Summer Ideal Times for an AC Tune-Up?
We recommend scheduling your annual maintenance in spring or early summer to ensure your system works properly on the first day you need it. If you wait until you need it to turn on the system, you risk an unexpected breakdown in the heat of the summer.
Not only will this affect your comfort, but it’s often the busiest time for air conditioning repairs, meaning it could take days to address the issue.
Ways Your Home Benefits From Springtime AC Maintenance
Many homeowners only think about their HVAC systems when they’re not working. While it may be tempting to wait until the middle of summer to schedule an AC tune-up, there are many reasons why spring and early summer are best, including:
- Avoiding service delays: Everyone will need their AC inspected and repaired once summer hits. By scheduling your AC tune-up now, you’ll avoid the rush and get your AC in peak performance before it breaks down.
- Increasing your AC’s efficiency: Better energy efficiency means lower utility bills. By having your AC serviced before summer, you can save big on your cooling bill while enjoying a well-performing cooling system.
- Extending your AC’s life span: Regular maintenance can also extend your AC system’s life span. By catching and fixing minor issues now, you can ensure that your cooling system lasts as long as possible.
What the Tune-Up Process Looks Like
When you schedule your annual tune-up with Preferred Home Services, our experienced and highly trained technicians will inspect, test, and service your system. This process includes:
- Full diagnostic of your system
- Cleaning dirty condenser coils
- Cleaning coil fins in the outside unit
- Checking refrigerant
- Inspecting and testing controls
- Replacing dirty filters
Choose Preferred Home Services for Expert Cooling Solutions
At Preferred Home Services, we’re committed to your complete comfort. That’s why we make preventative air conditioning maintenance a breeze. When you schedule a tune-up with us, we’ll ensure your system works properly and is prepared for Charleston’s hottest weather.
We also offer our Preferred Partner Plan, ensuring you’ll never miss a tune-up again. We’ll call you when it’s time to schedule your appointment, and you’ll also receive priority scheduling and special discounts.